COVID-19 Update III: 4/27/20
We are closely monitoring the World Health Organization and Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker’s recommendations regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
The wellbeing of our players and families is of paramount importance.
We are in compliance with the Governor’s mandate to limit group gatherings, and for schools to remain closed through the end of the school year. As a result, and with the safety and wellbeing of our teams and players as our ultimate priority, we have elected to move the dates of some of our 2020 events from the spring to later in the summer, to ensure that players and families are able to participate fully and comfortably.
Please find an update on each of our 2020 CCM Invite Tournament Series events below:
- 2020 CCM Boston Spring Invite: Due to the CoronaVirus outbreak, we have elected to move the 2020 CCM Boston Spring Invite to the weekend of July 10-12, 2020. This event, which is annually scheduled for the end of April, was initially going to be moved to the end of May, but we felt that after speaking with the host facilities and with the uncertainty of when in June rinks will be back up and operating, moving this event to July was the safe decision in terms of both the health of the players, and the comfort that the event will run as scheduled. For more info on the CCM Boston Spring Invite, please visit the event homepage by clicking here.
- 2020 CCM Boston Midget Invite: Due to the CoronaVirus outbreak, we have elected to move the 2020 CCM Boston Midget Invite to the weekend of July 10-12, 2020. This event, which was initially scheduled to take place in the last weekend of May, will now run in conjunction with our 2020 CCM Boston Spring Invite, taking place over the course of the same weekend at the same venues. In large part being mindful of the teams traveling in from out of the area for this event, we have elected to combine this event with the CCM Boston Spring Invite in an effort to maximize competition at a time that feels much more comfortable than the end of May. The tournament homepage for this event has been consolidated with that of the CCM Boston Spring Invite, so for more info please visit the event homepage by clicking here.
- 2020 CCM Boston Girls Invite: Due to the CoronaVirus Outbreak, we have elected to move our 2020 CCM Boston Girls Invite to the weekend of August 14-16, 2020. This event, which is annually scheduled to take place at the beginning of May, was initially going to be moved to the beginning of June, but will now firmly take place in mid-August to ensure that all players and teams are able to participate and feel comfortable health-wise with the new weekend. Keeping in mind that this event is highly regarded as the premier girls event each spring in New England, we wanted to select a firm weekend in which we were certain that the rinks would be back up and operating, and that we felt safe to host the 75+ teams from various different areas without any obstacles. For more info on the CCM Boston Girls Invite, please visit the event homepage by clicking here.
- 2020 CCM Boston Elite Invite: The 2020 CCM Boston Elite Invite, which is scheduled for August 7-9, 2020, will run as planned this year. Annually known as our flagship event heading into its 7th year, we are eager to host a handful of new programs from various different regions this year. Last year's event played host to 130+ teams from all across North America, and we are excited for this event to grow and strengthen in competition again in 2020. For more info on the CCM Boston Elite Invite, please visit the event homepage by clicking here.
- 2020 CCM Boston Early Bird Invite: New to our event lineup this year, the 1st Annual CCM Boston Early Bird Invite will serve as a dual-host event and run from August 28-30, 2020. This event will mark the end of the summer, and as a result will host several summer tournament teams looking to wrap up their off-season with a competitive and enjoyable event, while also playing host to multiple full-season winter teams looking to get the summer rust off, and get their team together and back on the ice prior to Labor Day Weekend and the beginning of their respective seasons. For more info on the CCM Boston Early Bird Invite, please visit the event homepage by clicking here.
We have been in contact with each of the venues and arena staff, and remain in touch with each of them on a daily basis. We are extremely excited to kick off our 2020 CCM Invite Tournament Series in July this year, and looking forward to playing host to all of our players and teams once the CoronaVirus outbreak has been stabilized and everyone is able to participate without the looming risk of getting sick.
Our Commitment to our Teams and Families:
- We have notified each event venue, and confirmed with them the various steps that we will be taking to ensure the safety and wellness of each player and spectator at our events. A list of advanced precautions that we will be taking to keep everyone safe includes, but is not limited to:
We wish everyone well during this scary time, and look forward to seeing everyone soon!!